Child: $35 (5-14yrs)
Tour departs from:
20 Fryatt St, Dunedin
8:30am - 12:30pm
3:30pm - 7:00pm
(bus out/boat back)
1:00pm - 5:00pm
(boat both ways)
Welcome to the Wildlife Capital of NZ
See our unique wildlife and scenery from our sturdy and comfortable vessels...
As you cruise the length of the Otago Harbour, our skipper will show you Careys Bay historic fishing village, Port Chalmers’ busy wharves and the harbour’s beautiful bays, hills, farmland and forest. You’ll learn about the harbour’s volcanic geology and its Maori and European history. Take in surrounding sights with a hot or cold beverage or snack from our fully licensed galley.
Enjoy Monarch’s fascinating Wildlife Cruise around Taiaroa Head and the surrounding coastline of dramatic cliffs.
We will offer uninterrupted views of the only mainland nesting place of Northern Royal Albatross in the world.
Our skipper will expertly maneuver the vessel whilst you watch the NZ Furseals play and swim near their breeding colonies,
out at sea you can spot rarely seen ocean birds including other albatross species and petrels, and you
may see penguins, dolphins and other marine mammals.
Hear stories of sea creatures and early settlers as you bus along the scenic roads of the Otago Peninsula.
This tour departs daily from:
20 Fryatt St, Dunedin.
Complimentary city accommodation pickup/dropoff transfers are available on request.
Summer Timetable (Oct - Apr):
8:30am - 10:00am Cruise from Fryatt St down the Otago Harbour
10:00am - 11:30am Monarch Wildlife Cruise
11:30am - 12:30pm Bus back along the scenic Otago Peninsula
3:30pm - 4:30pm Bus out along the scenic Otago Peninsula
4:30pm - 5:30pm Monarch Wildlife Cruise
5:30pm - 7:00pm Cruise back to Fryatt St along the Otago Harbour
Winter (Apr - Sept)
1:00pm - 2:30pm Cruise down the Otago Harbour
2:30pm - 3:30pm Wildlife Cruise around Taiaroa Head
3:30pm - 5:00pm Cruise back to 20 Fryatt St, Dunedin.
hat else you should know...
- Windy cool “bad weather” is actually great weather for watching albatross soaring. We love a cold southerly wind!
- Warm jackets are provided and the aft deck is enclosed and heated.
- Cruise ship guests can be picked up from Port Chalmers, you will be dropped off at Dunedin city shuttle terminal.
- Binoculars, commentary, and multi language information sheets are provided.
- Complimentary tea and coffee is served on the harbour cruise.
- Souvenirs and refreshments can be bought from our fully licensed galley.
- Most tours are suitable for people with limited mobility (please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unsure).
- Children aged 1-5yrs travel free of charge with a full paying parent.
For more information please see our FAQ page.
We will expecting you at our Fryatt Street office!